I've been following this sub for some time. I felt really unhappy with myself and currently, I'm still not who I want to be, but definitely managed to improve myself by miles.

I've definitely started to feel more attractive, confident and open. For a change, I also started noticing that a few women have been interested into me, but to my misfortune, I'm not interested into them.

Anyway, to get onto the main topic of this post, I've managed to meet a few people at a recent event I've been at and we formed some kind of a friend group. There's definitely one woman that I fancy, so I'm doing my best to get close to her. I've asked her out, just the two of us and she agreed (though I'm not really sure if she got the hint that I like her, which is why I asked her out). In any case, I've also noticed that she's given attention to one guy from our group in particular and I don't know what to think about it. Maybe it's just the usual talk, maybe something more. The thing is, I feel like that if I want to eventually end up with her, that I'd have to subtly "fight" him in order to prevail. Not something that I mind really, I don't shy away from a potential conflict or a disagreement, but in any case, makes me wonder, is it actually worth it?

Forgive me if my question sounds a bit idealistic, but I never had a male role model that would teach me this kind of stuff, which is why I still struggle with things that may seem like a basic concept to the most of you. I've still yet to go out with her and see if there's any deeper connection, though I also don't feel quite neutral about her giving an attention to someone else. We're obviously not committed to each other, so maybe my expectations may be unreasonable.

I guess to summarize this in one sentence, I'd ask, is it worth fighting this guy's influence and trying to end up with her? The reason I'm asking this is because I believe (maybe naively) that you should go for people that want you and find you exclusively attractive. I'd definitely want to hear some thoughts from you, that would point me in the right direction or give me a reality check. Have any of you been in such a situation? Is it worth it' What am I to do?

Thanks in advance