Theres certain people in my friend circle that ive come to realize wouldnt be as quick to lend a helping hand as i would be.

Recently there was a big contract opportunity that i got through a connection that is high up the ladder in a government department. My first thought was to inform my “close” friends so that they could also hop on board by adding capital to the project and benefit.

They immediately seemed disinterested and were not even giving me direct replies. Keep in mind that i didnt give any specific details yet and just brought up that there was an opportunity that i wanted to share with them. This didnt peak their interest enough to ask for more details, however, if i was to bring up a topic about women or any other cheap dopamine mundane topic then that would immediately peak their interest. They also appear to be at a stage in their lives where they are busy chasing after women which is occupying a large space of their thoughts and actions.

I tend to be a pretty open minded person with an abundance mindset. However, it seems that alot of people nowadays tend to operate with a scarcity mindset and think that life is a zero sum game. They feel that for them to win someone else needs to lose, this keeps them constantly on edge and behave as if they are in constant competition with their friends and those around them. I also believe they dont share their struggles or successes with me or each other for fear of being judged, envied or perhaps wanting to keep things private.

Aside from this they are great friends and we travel alot together, workout, eat out etc. But i feel like the elements i described is whats keeping our friendship from truly flourishing where we can attain success together.

I also feel like the elements that i described is what differentiates true friendships from fake objective oriented friendships. I wanted some pointers on how to properly navigate this without unnecessarily creating enemies, and or ending friendships. I also want insight on these types of friendships that we tend to form in our lives